The Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway connects the Tennessee River to the Tombigbee River in Demopolis, before flowing south to the Gulf of Mexico.
A deep water port is located at the Alabama State Port Authority in Mobile, Alabama, 123 miles from Marengo County.Port of Mobile Data:
- Channel Depth: 45 Feet to the Tunnels
- River Harbor Depth: 40 Foot
- Number of Berths: 41
Superior Inland Terminals LLC is located in Demopolis, AL and is an intermodal logistics hub serving multiple “Raw and Processed” material markets throughout the Eastern United States and serves as an integral component of this transportation system.
Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway
- 234-miles (377 kilometers) of navigation channels
- 10 locks and dams
- Ends in Demopolis-Marengo County, where it connects to the Tombigbee River leading to the Gulf of Mexico
- 200-miles (325-kilometers) long
- 5 locks and dams
- Demopolis lock and dam is located at river mile 213.2
Black Warrior River
- 178-miles (286-kilometers) long
- Home to the Port of Demopolis and proposed commercial port facilities