Primary & Secondary Education
Demopolis City Schools partners with parents and the community to prepare its graduates to succeed in today’s global economy. The school system has plans to expand virtual learning opportunities, develop flexible learning options and enhance the current technical education curriculum to encourage creativity and critical thinking.
- U.S. Jones Elementary School
- Westside Elementary School
- Demopolis Middle School
- Demopolis High School
Through professional development and technology upgrades for students and teachers, the Linden City Schools offer a superior education to those in the community and has consistently had the county’s highest graduation rates. As part of the Alabama Technology Plan: Transform 2020 program, the city school system will have access to the latest technologies to educate area students for the future.
With the implementation of the Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEARUP), students in Marengo County receive academic support services to increase the rate of high school graduation and prepare graduates to attend college.
Colleges & Universities
- Wallace State Community College (Demopolis)
- Coastal Alabama Community College* (Thomasville) 28 miles
- Wallace State Community College (Selma) 64 miles
- Meridian Community College (Meridian, MS) 70 miles
- Coastal Alabama Community College* (Monroeville) 76 miles
* Note that Coastal Alabama Community College was created when Alabama Southern Community College, Faulkner State Community College, Jefferson Davis Community College and Reid State Technical College were consolidated in 2015.
- University of West Alabama 39 miles
- University of Alabama 78 miles
- University of Montevallo 98 miles
- Auburn University – Montgomery 114 miles
- University of South Alabama 125 miles
- University of Alabama at Birmingham 128 miles
- Troy University - Montgomery 134 miles
- Auburn University 159 miles