Marengo County has two major highways and the county connects to a major interstate through Linden, Providence and Demopolis.
Highways in Marengo County include:
- Interstate 20 within 20 minute drive
- US Highway 43
- US Highway 80
- Alabama Highways 69, 28, 25, 10, 5
Driving Distance from Marengo County
BNSF, CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern run lines through Marengo County. Norfolk Southern, CSX Transportation and BNSF Railway operate through Demopolis and Linden, Alabama. Norfolk Southern and CSX Transportation primarily service from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast and Mid-West while the BNSF Railway line transports freight west and into Canada.
To learn more about transportation in and around Marengo County, visit edpa.org
Meridian Regional Airport in Meridian, Mississippi provides the closest commercial air service and the Demopolis Municipal airport offers general aviation services.
Demopolis Regional Airport
- Located on Hwy 80 adjacent to the West Industrial Park in Marengo County
- Runway length – 5,000 feet
- Aircraft storage facility (box and t-hangers) and corporate hanger building sites are available
- Accommodates private jets and other medium-sized aircraft
Meridian Regional Airport
- Located 66 miles from county
- Runway length – 10,003 feet
- Serviced by American Eagle with 2 daily non-stop flights to Chicago-O’Hare and Dallas-Fort Worth
- Top domestic destinations are Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport
- Located 126 miles from county
- Runway length – 12,000 feet
- 100 daily flights to 23 cities
- Home to four major airlines
The closest deepwater port is the Alabama State Port Authority located in Mobile, Alabama, 123 miles away from Marengo County.
- Channel Depth: 45 Feet to the Tunnels; 40 Foot in the River Harbor
- Number of Berths: 41
You can learn more about the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway at tenntom.org.